This event won’t be possible without the support of a small army of volunteers.
There are roles available in all areas, including core team and team leadership roles.
We are actively encouraging Network members to sign-up for staff roles. You will have access to a full range of adult programme items while you are not undertaking your main event role.
Scroll down to see more information about the roles available.
There is a camp fee payable for all staff, with a catered option available.
- A camping spot on our dedicated staff subcamp (your choice of noisy area or quiet/family area)
- Dedicated adult-only toilet and shower facilities
- Catered option available
- Entry to the over-18s area, including a Bar
- Access to evening activity sessions and skills workshops for adults only
- A staff festival-style fabric wristband with contactless technology
- The opportunity to support young people develop skills for life at a new and exciting event
The staff camp fee is £20.
The staff camp fee including full catering is £60 (cooked breakfasts, packed lunches and hot dinners for the duration of the event).
Staff bookings are managed through the Scout EMS system. You can find out more info about Scout EMS on the Group Booking page.
To attend this event as a staff member, follow the steps below.
Step 1. Make your event booking.
Follow the steps below to create your staff booking:
- Click the button below to begin the process. You will be asked some basic information about yourself. You must ensure you enter your email address and mobile number accurately, as you will need them both to complete the booking.
- You will then be asked to log into EMS. If you have used EMS before, enter your login details. Otherwise, click “Click Here to Create An Account for the First Time” and follow the instructions. Again, ensure your email address and mobile number are correct.
- You will then need to activate your account by clicking the link in the email sent to you.
- Return to the login menu, and log into the system using your email address and password.
- You then need to complete your medical information, emergency contact details, upload a photo, and fill in the consent forms for any activities you wish to take part in while on site.
Step 2. Apply for a role.
Pick one of the options below.
Core Team Roles
These roles are part of the event’s core team. This means that some work will be required in the lead-up to the event.
This role will require the management of the event finances. This includes making and receiving payments, monitoring of budgets, managing event insurance services, and similar activities. This role would suit someone with a background in finance, or someone with experience as a treasurer for a group, district or other organisation.
Event Services: Subcamp Leader (4 roles)
There are four roles available for this position, one for each subcamp. The subcamp leader is responsible for managing a small subcamp team. The subcamp teams will be the face of the event, providing briefings, help and support to leaders, participants and staff.
Event Services: Transport Team Leader
This person will be responsible for managing a small team of people with the task of co-ordinating all transport activities for this event. This includes participant travel to and from the event, off-site day visits, off-site activities, and shuttle buses. This role required a high degree of attention to detail and would suit someone with excellent organisational skills.
Event Services: Welfare & Inclusion Team Leader
This person will be responsible for managing a small team of people providing welfare support to participants, leaders and staff during the event. This role would suit somebody with a background in welfare services, SEND or mental health.
Activities: Adult Programme Lead
This person will be responsible for overseeing the Adult Activity Programme. This will involve recruiting a small team to support this. This role would suit somebody with experience planning activities including social events, workshops and skills sessions.
Site Services – General Crew – Creating and maintaining the largest Scout event site Suffolk’s ever seen.
Site Services – Hygiene Team – Keeping everything neat and tidy.
Site Services – Medical Team – Keeping everybody in one piece.
Site Services – Security Team – Keeping the site secure, and the traffic where it’s supposed to be.
Camp Services – Admin Helpdesk – Helping visitors with any issues before, during and after the event.
Camp Services – Subcamp Team – The friendly faces of Suffolk Punch, with a solution for every problem.
Camp Services – Welfare and Inclusion Team – Extra support for everybody, whatever the issue, able to offer help and advice.
Activities – Tower Team – Climbing, abseiling, stacking, belaying, harnessing etc. Permit helpful but not essential!
Activities – Field Team – Air rifles, clays, archery and everything in between. Permit helpful but not essential!
Activities – General (indoor) – General support for a variety of indoor activities.
Activities – General (outdoor) – General support for a variety of outdoor activities.
Activities – Water Team – Getting participants out on the water. Permit helpful but not essential! You may get wet...
Can I bring my children if I am attending as staff?
Yes. Children of staff are welcome to stay on site. You will be responsible for their supervision at all times while on site. Camp fees apply to children aged 6 and over. Under 6’s are free of charge. Please contact the admin team if you intend to bring your children on site while you are there as a staff member. We cannot guarantee that children of staff will have full access to youth programme items.
Can I bring a caravan/motorhome?
This may be possible for staff, but will depend entirely on whether any space is available. Please contact the admin team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain permission to bring a caravan or motorhome. Please note, no electricity hook-ups will be available.
Will there be somewhere to charge devices?
Yes, we will be operating a free charging station where devices can be securely booked in for charging.
Please note, further updates will be added to this page as we get closer to the event.
If you have any queries in the meantime, please get in touch.