We have made the booking process as simple as possible. We’re using a system called Scout EMS.
You may already be familiar with it, but in case you’re not, here are the basics.
What is Scout EMS?
Scout EMS is a professional online event management system used by Scout and Guide events, large and small, across the planet.
It vastly reduces the amount of paperwork leaders need to complete to take a group to an event.
The group leader creates the booking for the group, and enters the basic participant details.
Parents/carers can then log directly into the system to input their child’s details including permission and health forms.
The group leader is able to view all this information, and so can the event team.
No physical copy of this information is required. It’s all stored in a secure, GDPR safe, online location.
After the event, the information is all securely deleted.
Why are we using Scout EMS for this event?
As well as making your life easier, Scout EMS also makes the event organisation process much simpler.
Every attendee, adult or child, will be issued with a festival-style fabric wristband, containing a contactless microchip.
This technology will then be used to track who is on or off site at a particular time, which activities they have consent to take part in, and their emergency medical information.
The Booking Process
A ‘booking’ is made on a per-group basis. Each group will have a designated primary contact – this is the person who makes the booking.
You might like to read through these instructions in full before you begin the process.
Follow the steps below to create your group booking:
- Click the button below to begin the process. You will be asked some basic information about yourself and your group. You must ensure you enter your email address and mobile number accurately, as you will need them both to complete the booking.
- You will then be asked to log into EMS. If you have used EMS before as a leader, enter your login details. Otherwise, click “Click Here to Create An Account for the First Time” and follow the instructions. Again, ensure your email address and mobile number are correct.
- You will then need to activate your account by clicking the link in the email sent to you.
- Return to the login menu, and log into the system using your email address and password.
- If this is your first time using EMS, you will now need to set up Secure Authentication. This is an extra level of security to ensure your group’s information is kept safe. The system used to provide this is called ‘Authy’. You need to download the iPhone or Android Authy app to your mobile (make sure it’s the same mobile you entered the number for earlier).
- Run the Authy app and follow the instructions to verify your phone number. This might seem a bit complicated, but you will only need to do this once.
- Once you’ve done this, Authy will give you a six-digit security code which you can then use to log into EMS to manage your booking. This security code changes every 30 seconds, so you will need to open the Authy app and obtain a new code each time you log in.
Once you’re ready, click the button below to create a group booking.
Note to parents: You don’t need to make any bookings here – leave your Scout group to do this.
When the time comes, they will let you know what you need to do.
Once you have created your group’s booking, follow the instructions below to add your participants and other leaders.
- From the group admin page, click the ‘Add Participants’ button. Then enter the number of participants you would like to add. You will need to know the parent email address for each participant. Follow the remaining steps, they’re pretty straightforward. To add leaders, change the selection from ‘Child’ to ‘Adult’.
- Once you have done this, each participant/leader will receive an email (to the address you gave) asking them to log into EMS and fill in the permission forms and health information. They will need to create an EMS account to do this. The email explains this to them, but you might get the occasional query.
- Once the relevant forms are completed, you will be able to see them on the admin page. From there, you can view all participant information and also download a group report which holds all the health, allergy and next-of-kin information for your participants. You might like to use this information as part of your InTouch process.
- Keep an eye on the EMS admin page in the run-up to the event. All participant information should be completed a few weeks in advance.
If you are having difficulty with the online booking system, please email the booking team who can assist you. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once you have completed your group booking, a deposit will be immediately due.
The deposit for groups with 1-9 participants is £50. For groups with 10+ participants, it’s £100.
Please pay your deposit by BACS using the details below.
If you have any issues paying your deposit, contact the event team.
Please note, bookings which do not have a valid deposit in place may be cancelled per the Booking Terms.
Full payment of event fees is due by 30th April 2022.
An explanation of the event fees can be found on this page.
Participants do not pay their fees directly to the event, everything is done through the group. This is to allow groups to add on their expenses, such as food, to the participant cost.
Groups should make the final payment via BACS for the full outstanding amount, minus the deposit already paid. Use the details below.
Account Name: Suffolk Moot 2021
Account Number: 33754189
Sort Code: 20-16-12
Payment Reference: Your Booking Number
Note to parents: Please do not make any payments to us directly. Your group leader will let you know where to send your payment.
Terms and Conditions
You can find the event terms and conditions here.